For those who are active and workout a lot, they often see people around them drinking sports drinks instead of regular water. However, are sports drinks really good for you? This is something that many people question as to whether these are something that they should drink, whether they should drink that many of these or just avoid them altogether.
What are sports drinks?
Sports drinks are often salty and sweet drinks that are meant to re-hydrate a person more thoroughly than water alone. They often have a lot of sodium in them, since this is something that you lose when you have an intense workout that produces a lot of sweat. In addition, they often have a lot of B vitamins to help with your energy levels.
Best sports drink for dehydration
There are several sports drinks on the market that you can choose from that are meant to dehydrate you after an intense workout. Here are some of the most popular, and those that you may have not heard of, but definitely should try!
- Gatorade: available in numerous flavors even an option that is zero calories and sugar. Gatorade has been the top name in sports drinks for years.
- Powerade: A direct competitor to Gatorade, there are several flavors available and the zero sugar and calories options as well.
- Propel: This is a water based drink that is zero calories, and is flavored. Many people like these better if they are just not a huge fan of plain water.
- Body Armor: This is a drink that is relatively new to the market, but is often compared to Gatorade and others with new flavors that are out there.
- Vitamin Water: This is a vitamin enhanced water beverage that is categorized as a sports drink. There are those that offer zero calories as well.
- Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier: This is a fairly new product but is getting great reviews by those who drink it. This option gives you a small powder stick to mix into a regular body of water with three flavor choices. This products states that when used in one bottle of water, it is like drinking 3 bottles of water, plus it is infused with vitamins and minerals to help with hydration.
For those who are drinking sports drinks, they can be a great way to re-hydrate and they are often a bit more tasty than water!