When people think about dieting, they often think about bland diets that have food that does not have a taste. However, that is not the case at all. You will find that if you are wanting to eat healthier, you can swap out some of your favorite foods for more healthy versions and not feel as though you are depriving yourself of anything. It is the best of both worlds.
3 Weight Loss Food Swaps
If you are looking to lose weight, you are going to want to substitute foods that are going to cut your calories, yet you don't want to let go of any the taste. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Instead of eating granola swap this for oatmeal. You will find that eating a serving of cut oats with a few blueberries can lower your calorie intake by 50 compared to some of the granola out that you prepare that is flavored.
- Instead of eating the white paste traditionally served, opt for spaghetti squash. You will find that this is saving you around 200 calories, plus it is giving you some great vitamin C, folate and magnesium that can help with energy.
- Swap out regular steak for grass fed steak. This small change can save you around 90 calories. This is a small change that you won't even register the taste...in fact, you may like it better.
3 Food Swaps To Lower Cholesterol
For those who are dealing with cholesterol issues, there are several foods that they can swap out in order to eat healthier and get those levels more managed.
- Instead of drinking full fat milk, drink skim milk. You will find that the saturated fat in full fat milk can contribute to high cholesterol levels.
- Instead of having a cookie as a snack, switch to nuts. Almost any kind of nut has been shown to help with cholesterol levels because it is full of good fat.
- Instead of getting your protein from red meat, try to eat more pulses. You will find that pulses like beans, lentils and chickpeas are healthier options that still give you your protein intake. Yes, you may not be able to replace every meat with these, but try to top for a few meals per week that are not meat based...it will help you over time.