With the summer season almost here, many people are wondering how they can get toned arms and abs so that they feel and look great while wearing minimum clothing. However, they also want to increase their strength as well. The good news is that you can easily do this with the right diet and exercise. Doing a 30 day ab and arm challenge is a great start to getting stronger and loving your body even more.
How to Get Stronger Arms
When it comes to getting stronger arms, doing exercises that use your own body weight is a great start. It is going to make you stronger and these can be done at home with ease.
- Push-ups: These are great to do as they are going to help build up your arm muscles the good old fashion way without any equipment. Try to do these in set of tens. And remember, you can always lower to your knees if doing the regular push up is too hard to do at first.
- Lift weights! You can easily use small hand weights to get a great arm workout. Consider, having 5 to 10 pound weights at home. You can do modified bench presses, lifts and other exercises to work out all areas of your arms.
- The plank position! These are dreaded among many people, but they are a great way to build your arm strength as well as help with your abs! Hold the plank position for as long as possible. Remember, if you are first starting, don’t be too surprised if you can only go 30 seconds or so at first until you build up these muscles.
How to Get Stronger Abs
There are several exercises at home you can do for building your abs. These include:
- Traditional sit-ups.
- Modified crunches where you lift your legs to help build the lower abdominal muscles.
- Planks to work the entire body.
- Pull ups are a great workout that works the abs and arms, as well as most other areas of your body.
Other Tips to Remember
When it comes to getting stronger arms and abs, remember it is about the exercises that you are doing that target these muscle areas. However, you also want to remember that you are what you eat. Eat more proteins and less fats to help build muscle, maybe even consider a protein shake for some extra. And you also want to make sure that you are drinking enough water to stay hydrated and keep those muscles working as they should!