Do you want lean arms? Having lean arms is a confidence boost at any time, whether it is when you wear those sleeveless tops or when you feel stronger as you carry your grocery bags inside. Luckily, you can tone your arms with a simple lean arms workout that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
Follow this guide to learn the best lean arm workouts.
Read also: 5 shoulder exercises for women to do at home
Exercises for lean arms
You Need: Yoga Mat
- Begin by lying flat on the floor, stomach down, with your toes to the floor. To modify: Alter your base from your hands and toes to your hands and knees.
- Keep your palms slightly further in than shoulder-width distance.
- Inhale, bend your arms and lower yourself until your chest makes contact with the ground.
- Maintain this position for a moment, then come back to starting position.
- Complete subsequent reps starting from step 3.
You Need: 2 Benches
- First, position two benches or flat, stable, and raised surfaces several feet apart.
- Sit on the floor between the two benches, placing your feet on top of the bench in front of you with legs fully extended.
- Position your hands slightly wider than shoulder width on the bench behind you so that your fingers are over the edge of the bench, grasping it and your elbows are bent.
- Raise your hips so that your butt is no longer in contact with the floor.
- While maintaining an upright torso, extend at your elbows to raise your body.
- Bend at your elbows, lowering your body while still keeping your butt off the floor.
- Complete subsequent reps starting from step 5.
You Need: Yoga Mat
- Begin by lying flat on the floor, stomach down, with your knees fully extended.
- Bend your arms and position your elbows directly beneath your shoulders, supporting yourself with your forearms.
- Clench your fists and raise yourself up until your only points of contact with the ground are your toes, elbows, forearms, and fists.
- Maintaining a flat back, squeeze your abs and glutes.
- While continuing to squeeze, bring one hand back to just below the position of your shoulder, and begin to push yourself upwards with the palm of that hand.
- While pushing upwards, bring your other hand back to below the position of your shoulder and continue pushing until your arms are locked out and fully extended.
- Bring your body back down to the position where you were supported by your elbows, starting with the arm used in step 6.
- Complete subsequent reps starting from step 5, alternating hands used.
Standing Triceps Extension
You Need: Dumbbell
- Begin by standing up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a dumbbell with both hands.
- Slowly bring the dumbbell to center, resting the bulk of it weighted in your palms with your thumbs wrapped around it.
- Engage your core and slowly lift the dumbbell over your head, extending your arms fully with your palms facing up. This is your starting position.
- Inhale, keep your arms close to your head with elbows in, and bend your arms behind your arm until your forearms touch your biceps.
- Breathe out and come back to your starting position.
- Complete subsequent reps.
With these easy exercises for lean arms, you’ll notice a difference in a short amount of time.
Lean arms are one of those things that many people want, and once you get them there is a significant confidence boost that comes along with the increased strength and tone.