It seems that when it comes to fitness, there is always a new challenge popping up each week. There are those challenges that are meant to test you on what you eat, while others encourage physical activity. The 30-day walking Stepz challenge is one of those challenges that are meant to increase the physical activity that you do each day, while helping to get you more fit without being too strenuous. This means that just about everyone can do the walking challenge
What is a Walking Challenge?
A walking challenge is pretty simple. For a set amount of time you walk each day. The challenge is that you need to walk 10,000 steps each day. Each day if you were to do these steps, you will find that at the end of the challenge you have roughly walked 120 to 150 miles. That is an amazing amount, and since this challenge breaks it down to each day, you will find that it is easier than ever to conquer this challenge.
As you walk each day, it becomes easier, and you may find that by the middle of the challenge, 10,000 steps per day is nothing and increase the amount that you walk, adding to your total. The idea is to get fit with a low stress exercise that is good for your entire body and even your mind.
Benefits of the 30-day Walking Challenge
For those who do the 30-day walking challenge, they are going to be getting some amazing benefits. These benefits include:
- Walking strengthens the heart muscles while improving your overall health
- It does help to lose weight
- Walking helps with regulating blood pressure
- This will help to improve your brain function
- It is simple to do, requiring no equipment, just a good, comfortable pair of shoes
- This can help to strengthen your bones so that you are not dealing with pain later in lifestyle
- Walking improves digestion
- Reduces your risk of diabetes
- Helps to boost your immune system
- Reduces stress
For those who are ready to start the challenge, start slow. If you can’t reach the ideal 10,000 steps per day, maybe just walk for 30 minutes each day. As you grow stronger within two weeks, you will find that you can push it further each time. The idea is to get out there, and get healthy.