Christmas has always been the peak cookie baking season for those who love treating their family and friends. Here is our selection of the best holiday cookie recipes you might want to give a shot this Christmas.
1. Elf Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup country crock
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cocoa powder (if you want chocolate cookies)
- ½ cup white chocolate peppermint bark
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate candy-coated
- ½ cup chocolate dinner mints
- Mix the country crock spread, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. The dough should be creamy and soft.
- Add your preferred mix-ins (candy, peppermint bark, sprinkles, and chocolate dinner mints).
- Preheat oven to 375o
- Put the dough on ungreased baking sheets, preferably using a rounded tablespoon. Bake for about 11 minutes. The edges should turn light golden.
- Cool for a minute before taking the baking sheets off.
2. Zero Flour Christmas Cookie Bars
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup salted softened butter
- 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups creamy oats
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 11 ounces of Christmas mini M&M’s mix
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350o and line your cooking sheet with Silpat liner, cooking spray, or parchment paper.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract and eggs.
- Blend in baking soda and oats
- Blend in 1 ½ cups of mini m&m’s and mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough on the cookie sheet and sprinkle the rest of the m&m’s and chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. The edges will be light brown while the middle remains pale but everything should come together as it cools (for at least an hour).
3. Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of package cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup sprinkles, divided
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla
- Blend in the cake mix
- Add ¼ cup of sprinkles
- Refrigerate for at least one hour
- Preheat oven to 350o
- Grease your cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper
- Scoop the dough in a rounded tablespoon and roll into about 1-inch balls.
- Cover with sprinkles and confectioner’s sugar
- Bake for between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Let them sit on the sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for complete cooling.
Baking cookies is fun, especially when done with a lot of heart. Feel free to go outside the box with your holiday cookie recipes, introduce new ingredients, or change the ratios as desired.