Trying out healthy juice recipes to lose weight? Add too many fruits, and your juice becomes more harm than good. Add too many veggies, and your juice is barely tolerable. Finding the right balance between fruits, vegetables, and other beneficial ingredients for the perfectly healthy pick-me-up is no easy task.
Luckily we’ve got some well-sourced, superb suggestions to please even the most finicky palate and stimulate real weight loss at the same time. First, we should understand what ingredients will serve us best in our weight loss venture, and which ones will do more harm than good.
Best Fruits for Juicing Weight Loss
Although the idea of throwing in loads of sweet fruits into your juicer may be tempting, some fruits far exceed others in their ability to help slim you down. The best fruits are those that have a low caloric count but high in vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Here are just a few:
- Lemons: helps lower blood pressure and assists with digestion
- Oranges: low-calorie fruit that’s rich in Vitamin C
- Apples: rich with manganese, copper, Vitamins A, E, and B complex
- Pineapple: helps with digestion, arthritis, inflammation, and full of antioxidants
- Grapefruit: assists in appetite control, helps control diabetes, low calorie-high nutrient
- Blueberries: rich with folate, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and antioxidants
- Pomegranate: a natural blood thinner, arthritis prevention aid, rich in antioxidants
Best Vegetables for Juicing Weight Loss
It’s hard to find a vegetable not worth eating, but there are a few that are especially good for you, especially in juice form. Try some of these veggies in your next juicing weight loss recipe, and you may be surprised by how good you feel:
- Celery: mostly water but rich in Vitamins K, C, and A
- Cucumber: mostly water, assists with liver function and kidney function
- Carrots: rich in beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin K
- Kale: super low-calorie count, high antioxidant level, anti-inflammatory agents
- Baby spinach: rich in vitamins, mild flavor
- Beets: full of inflammation-fighting and blood pressure-lowering benefits
Healthy Juice Recipes to Lose Weight
Ready to give juicing for weight loss a try? Start with these sure-fire recipes to provide your body with a glass packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants.
Red Zinger Breakfast Juice from LoseWeightbyEating
Ingredients: 2 lemons, 2 carrots, 2 apples, 2 beets
Nutrients: Folate, Potassium, Manganese, Iron, Vitamin C
Drink Your Greens Juice from ModernHoney
Ingredients: 2 cups baby spinach, 6 celery stalks, 2 cucumbers, ½ lemon, 2 medium apples, 1-2 inch ginger, ¼ to ½ cup parsley leaves.