How many people think that they eat too much sugar every day? For those who don’t, consider all the items that you may eat or drink that have sugar in them? When most people consider just how much sugar they ingest, they realize that this is a lot of sugar. And sugar can have some negative affects on your body including the ability to lose weight being affected. With this being said, many people are looking at going through a sugar detox. Is this the best option for you? Maybe!
Read also: Best Tasting Sugar Substitutes
Benefits of a Sugar Detox
So, what benefits can you get with a sugar detox? For starters, a sugar detox is where you cut out sugar for a set period of time. Usually people aim for 3 weeks or a month. And you are going to cut out sugar…not fruits that have some natural sugar to them. But, this does mean avoiding that favorite soda when the craving strikes. The benefits of doing this sugar detox include:
- It helps you lose weight since sugar can make you keep those pounds, especially those around the midsection.
- You can stop the cravings that you often have for something sweet.
- You will have more energy as you are not a slave to the sugar any longer.
- You may be surprised at how easy it is to fix meals at home when you are eliminating sugar from your diet.
- You will find that this can decrease your chances of a heart attack.
- Helps you to lower your blood pressure.
- You will sleep better and wake up with more energy.
How to Detox Sugar without Going Crazy
The problem with a sugar detox is that we all have come to rely on the sweetness, we crave it and that makes it ten times harder to stick to a detox. So, what can you do to ensure that you don’t go crazy? One of the best ideas is to make sure that you have fresh fruit on hand to help with those sweet cravings that you may be having. Fruit has a natural sugar to it, which many nutritionists say is fine to eat when sugar detoxing…as you want to get away from the added sugars that many companies put into their foods.
Secondly, use some stress management techniques to avoid eating for your emotional well-being. Take a few minutes to deep breath and truly question whether you need that sugar or not. Then walk away!