When trying to lose weight, you often turn to dieting for a solution. However, diets often fail. Why does this happen? The reason for why diets fail are numerous. But, many times it boils down to a diet simply being too rigorous to even follow to the point that it makes you feel as though you are missing out. Thus, you lose the incentive to actually keep on the diet.
5 Reasons Why Diets Fail
On top of being something that is unrealistic to stick to, there are other reasons why diets fail. These include:
- The diet is too long and is a drastic change from how you ate beforehand. These changes basically help the diet to fail since you are getting into something that is so strict.
- You are trying to use your willpower to stick to the diet rather than looking at the science behind the diet. You will probably eat less calories, yet over time you are going to get more hungry. This hunger is going to lead you to break the diet.
- You go into a diet with no real plan in place. You may just think that you want to eat less calories, yet are these empty calories? Empty calories are not going to help reduce hunger or help with making you feel full for very long at all.
- There are medical reasons why you can’t stick to a diet, such as a thyroid issue or even a stomach issue. This is something that needs to be addressed by a doctor to determine what diet would help with these issues rather than aggravate it.
- You stick to a low fat diet. Many studies have found that a low fat diet is not the best diet to stick to, and you will find that you are not losing weight while sticking to this diet. If you are not seeing results, chances are you aren’t going to commit to this diet.
Diets often fail. But, this doesn’t mean that you cannot find something that works. The key is to change your way of thinking when it comes to the food that you are eating. Instead of ‘dieting’ consider changing your attitude towards food to eat healthier! Eating healthier is going to give you the results that you want and when coupled with exercise, you will see the weight start to melt off of you.