When you are starting an exercise routine it may seem like you should immediately go hard core in order to lose weight and get healthier. However, there are those out there who like to walk before they run, yet they often wonder if their walking exercise is really getting them the results that they want to have. Is running a better exercise? Or are you just fine with walking? There are pros and cons to each exercise!
The Pros and Cons of Walking
When it comes to walking, there are several pros and cons that you have to consider. The pros of this exercise:
- It is super easy to do and you will find that you can do this almost anywhere in your neighborhood or even at the gym
- This is a low impact exercise which is great for those who may have joint issues or pain in their knees
- If you do this regularly you will find that it helps to lower blood pressure
However, there are some cons of this exercise as well:
- This does not burn a lot of calories per hour since it is a low key exercise
- You may find it harder to hit your weight loss goals if all you are doing is walking
The Pros and Cons of Running
When it comes to running, there are tons of people who swear that this is the best way to get fit. The pros of this exercise:
- It is going to burn a lot of calories while doing this, so you could workout for less time when compared to walking
- You don’t have to spend a lot when it comes to running as it can be done anywhere, as long as you have a good pair of supportive shoes.
The cons of this exercise include:
- This is high impact, so it could hurt joints or knees if this is already a problem.
- This is not considered a great exercise for those who are just starting their workout routine.
When it comes to walking vs running, you are going to find that each is a great exercise. For those who are just starting out, they may want to stick to walking until they work their way up to running. However, for those who are looking to make their workout a bit harder and shorter, then running can allow you to do this. You simply need to do what makes you feel more comfortable.